The following policies are subject to change and are based on current guidelines and/or mandates from the Centers for Disease Control, Missouri Department of Heath and Senior Services, Illinois Department of Public Health, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, St. Louis County and St. Louis City Health Departments, and the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force. Our polices will be updated when guidelines and mandates from these authorities change.
Additional safety protocols required by a venue or local jurisdiction that we are not aware of may also be enforced.
Event Safety Protocols Required
- Client and venue will require all guests, staff and vendors to wear cloth masks indoors at all times during the event except when eating and drinking while seated at a table or briefly having their photo taken.* Guests, staff, and vendors will be required to wear masks outdoors when social distancing can’t be observed. (Exceptions for people with certain disabilities and health conditions as well as young children will be allowed.)
- Client and venue will require all guests and vendors to observe social distancing at all times, indoors or outdoors, with anyone outside their household and immediate family.
- Client and venue will reduce guest count enough to ensure social distancing can be observed can be observed indoors and outdoors.
- Client and venue will notify Fish Eye Fun immediately if any guest, vendor, or event staff member tests positive or is declared presumptive positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the event.
Fish Eye Fun Service Adjustments and Restrictions
- For most events and wedding receptions, we will restrict the number of guests in each photo to a two-adult household limit (plus any young children or dependents living at home). This will be enforced indoors and outdoors. No exceptions for bridal parties or other groups.
- For school related events like proms or graduation parties, we will restrict the number of guests in each photo to one.
- For indoor events, guests will be required to keep their masks in the Fish Eye Fun area on until they are instructed to remove them for a quick series of photos. Guests will be asked to put their masks back on before returning the props and picking up their prints.
- For outdoor events, guests will be required to put their masks on before entering the Fish Eye Fun area until they are instructed to remove them for a quick series of photos. Guests will be asked to put their masks back on before returning the props and picking up their prints.
- No wearable props like hats, glasses, and boas will be provided or allowed.
- Prop signs will still be provided for guests to hold in the photos. The signs will be sanitized before, after, and periodically during the event. Guests will be asked to use provided hand sanitizer before and after touching the prop signs.
- Guests will asked to use hand sanitizer before and after handling the prop signs.
- We will we require a larger physical foot print. We will use tables and stanchions to control access to the space around our camera and create a barrier between guests and employees to ensure social distancing can be maintained. We will also place the prop table and printer table farther away than normal to maintain social distancing with the photographer.
- Because guests must stand farther away from the camera, we will be using a different lens and recommend our FEF Studio option.
*Current mask mandates in St. Louis City and St. Louis county prohibit guests from removing masks for photos. We have a conditional exemption to the STL City Health Commissioner's Order 11 by the City of St. Louis to allow guests to briefly removed their masks for photos provided all event safety protocols and the above service changes are followed. We are working to get a conditional exemption from St. Louis County.
Payment, Compliance, Respect
- We are no longer accepting credit card payments.
- Final payments must paid by check or cash and received by Fish Eye Fun SEVEN days before the event date.
- Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we are not accepting final payments more than 30 days before an event is scheduled.
- We will work closely with you and your venue before the event date to ensure we have enough space to operate safely.
However, if we arrive at the venue on the day of the event and the agreed upon space is not provided and an alternative space that allows us to maintain social distancing protocols is not available, we will be unable to provide services for the event. At that time, we will leave the venue. NO REFUND will be provided.
- If at any point during the event compliance with any of the Required Safety Protocols outline above falls below 90% for more than five minutes, we will pause services and warn the client to speak to the offender(s).
If compliance with the Required Safety Protocols falls below 90% for more than five minutes a second time, we will pause services and warn the client to speak to the offender(s).
If compliance with safety protocols falls below 90% for more than five minutes after the second warning, we will stop services, breakdown and leave the venue. NO REFUND will be provided.
- If at any point during the event our staff feels that pressure and requests to make exceptions to our Service Adjustments and Restrictions is becoming unreasonable and excessive or if guests are repeatedly disregarding social distancing with our staff, we will ask the client to speak to the offender(s).
If the behavior continues, will warn the client a second time to speak to the offender(s).
If the behavior continues after the second warning, we will stop services, breakdown and leave the venue. NO REFUND will be provided.
We know these service adjustments are disappointing. In an effort to compensate for this, we will include:
- Extra prints for guests.
- Extra prints for clients.
- Extra custom prop signs.
- Time lapse video of the event.
- Large collage print of photos from the event.
Fish Eye Fun Safety Measures
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after the event as well as periodically during the event.
- Prop signs will be sanitized before and after the event as well as periodically during the event.
- We are sending additional staff to each event to help with crowd control.
- All staff must pass a temperature check and screening questionnaire before being allowed to work an event.
- Unless staff live together (two married couples work for us), staff will travel to/from events in separate vehicles.
- All staff will be required to wear cloth masks at all times on site.
- Fish Eye Fun will notify the client and venue immediately if any of our staff tests positive or is declared presumptive positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the event.
Hand Sanitizer and Cleaning Products
- Fish Eye Fun use a combination of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, Lysol Disinfectant Spray, and 409 Multi-Surface Cleaner.
- Hand sanitizer is “Germ Attack” brand 70% Ethyl Alcohol Gel purchased from: BulkApothecary.com