The following policies are subject to change and are based on current guidelines and/or mandates from the Centers for Disease Control, Missouri Department of Heath and Senior Services, Illinois Department of Public Health, Jefferson County, St. Charles County, St. Louis County and St. Louis City Health Departments, and the St. Louis Metropolitan Pandemic Task Force. Our polices will be updated when guidelines and mandates from these authorities change.
Additional safety protocols required by a venue or local jurisdiction that we are not aware of may also be enforced.
Event Safety Protocols Required
- For indoor events, client and venue must require all guests, staff and vendors to wear cloth face masks except when eating and drinking while seated at a table or briefly having their photo taken.
- Client and venue will require all guests and vendors to observe social distancing at all times, indoors or outdoors.
- Client and venue will reduce guest count if needed to ensure social distancing can be observed indoors and outdoors.
- Client and venue will notify Fish Eye Fun immediately if/when they are made aware that any guest, vendor, event staff member, or any other person present at the event tests positive or is declared presumptive positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the event.
Fish Eye Fun Service Adjustments and Restrictions
- For most indoor events and wedding receptions, we will limit the groups of people in each photo to household groups only with a maximum of six people total.
- For indoor events, guests will be required to keep their masks on in the Fish Eye Fun area on until they are instructed to remove them for a quick series of photos. Guests will be asked to put their masks back on before returning the props and picking up their prints.
- For outdoor events, masks are not required as long as guests respect social distancing with our employees.
- For outdoor events, we must limit the groups of people in each photo to maximum of six people. Large groups such as bridal parties may be allowed if coordinated prior to the event and guests are calm and remain respectful of our employees.
- No wearable props like hats, glasses, and boas will be provided or allowed.
- Prop signs will still be provided for guests to hold in the photos. The signs will be sanitized before, after, and periodically during the event. Guests will be asked to use provided hand sanitizer before and after touching the prop signs.
- We will we require a larger physical foot print. We may use tables and stanchions to control access to the space around our camera and create a barrier between guests and employees to ensure social distancing can be maintained. We will also place the prop table and printer table farther away than normal to maintain social distancing with the photographer.
- Because guests must stand farther away from the camera, we will be using a different wide angle lens. Clients may also switch to our FEF Studio option.
*Current mask mandates in State of Illinois, St. Louis County, and the City of St. Louis technically prohibit guests from removing masks for photos. We have been granted a conditional exemption to the mandates by the City of St. Louis to allow guests to briefly removed their masks for photos provided all event safety protocols and the above service changes are followed.
Payment, Compliance, Respect
- We are no longer accepting credit card payments.
- Final payments must paid by cash, check or money order and received by Fish Eye Fun SEVEN days before the event date.
- Due to the uncertainty surrounding COVID-19, we are not accepting final payments more than 30 days before an event is scheduled.
- We will work closely with you and your venue before the event date to ensure we have enough space to operate safely.
However, if we arrive at the venue on the day of the event and the agreed upon space is not provided and an alternative space that allows us to maintain social distancing protocols is not available, we will be unable to provide services for the event. At that time, we will leave the venue. In such a scenario a 50% refund of the final payment amount (if paid) will be provided with no credit for future services.
- If at any point during the event compliance with Required Safety Protocols (including the mask requirement) falls below 90% for more than ten minutes, we will pause services and request the client or a designated representative to speak to the offender(s).
If compliance with the Required Safety Protocols falls below 90% for more than ten minutes a second time, we will pause services and request the client or a designated representative to speak to the offender(s).
If compliance with the Required Safety Protocols falls below 90% for more than ten minutes a third time, we will pause services and request the client or a designated representative to speak to the offender(s).
If the client refuses requests to address offenders after or if compliance with the Required Safety Protocols falls below 90% for more than ten minutes after the third warning, we will stop services, breakdown and leave the venue. In such circumstances, no refund or credit for future services will be provided
- If at any point during the event our staff feels that pressure and requests to make exceptions to the Safety Protocols or to our Service Adjustments and Restrictions is becoming unreasonable and excessive or if guests are repeatedly disregarding social distancing with our staff, we will request the client or a designated representative to speak to the offender(s).
If the behavior continues, will request the client or a designated representative a second time to speak to the offender(s) and remove repeat offender(s) from the event.
If the client refuses requests to address offenders, refuses remove repeat offenders from the event, or if the behavior continues after the second warning, we will stop services, breakdown and leave the venue. In such circumstances, no refund or credit for future services will be provided
- If at any point during the event anyone threatens, verbally abuses, or physically assaults our staff for requiring and or enforcing these Safety Protocols and Service Adjustments (or for any other reason), we will immediately stop services, breakdown and leave the venue without any warning to the client. In such circumstances, no refund or credit for future services will be provided
We know these service adjustments are disappointing. In an effort to compensate for this, we will include:
- Extra prints for guests.
- Extra prints for clients.
- Extra custom prop signs.
Fish Eye Fun Safety Measures
- All equipment will be sanitized before and after the event as well as periodically during the event.
- Prop signs will be sanitized before and after the event as well as periodically during the event.
- We are sending additional staff to each event to help with crowd control and sanitizing.
- All staff must pass a temperature check and screening questionnaire before being allowed to work an event.
- Unless staff live together (two married couples work for us), staff will travel to/from events in separate vehicles.
- All staff will be required to wear cloth masks at all times on site.
- Fish Eye Fun will notify the client and venue immediately if any of our staff tests positive or is declared presumptive positive for COVID-19 within 14 days of the event.
Hand Sanitizer and Cleaning Products
- Fish Eye Fun use a combination of Clorox Disinfecting Wipes, Lysol Disinfectant Spray, and 409 Multi-Surface Cleaner.
- Hand sanitizer is “Germ Attack” brand 70% Ethyl Alcohol Gel purchased from: BulkApothecary.com